Before you begin with the abortion procedure, it is essential to get it confirm from a medical practitioner that a woman is indeed pregnant and ascertain how long she has been pregnant. The period of pregnancy is generally measured by the number of days that have crossed since the 1st day of her last menstrual cycle. Medical abortions can be recommended as soon as a pregnancy is confirmed. In fact, the shorter the period that a woman has been pregnant the good the medications will work because they might not work well if the pregnancy period has exceeded more than 9 weeks i.e 63 days or more. After crossing 9-10 weeks of pregnancy it is better to go for a surgical abortion.
Some women prefer to buy abortion pills online to terminate the pregnancy because:
- It can be used at home
- It does not involve any surgery
- It feels natural and similar to a miscarriage
- It is less costly as compared to surgical abortion
Medicines can be used to end an early pregnancy. In some cases, the 1st day of your last period has to be less than nine weeks ago. If you are above 9 weeks pregnant, then you can go for an in-clinic abortion. Some clinics will go beyond nine weeks for a medication abortion.
Who should not opt for a Medical Abortion?
Women who are not recommended for using medical abortion are as follows:
- Over 9 weeks pregnant (period since that start of your last menstrual period)
- Have an intrauterine device (IUD) must be removed first
- If you have an adrenal failure or blood clotting disorder
- An allergic to the medicines that are used to terminate the pregnancy
- Do not have access to a medical expert or emergency health care center
- Take any medication that interacts with the abortion pills
How is pregnancy ended by the abortion pills online?
- You will be required to take the following medicines for the abortion
- Mifepristone- this pill is also called as RU-486 or Mifeprex
- Misoprostol- this pill is also called as Cytolog
- You can also take antibiotics if recommended by your health care expert.
First, you will take the mifepristone pill in the practitioner’s clinic or office. This blocks the progesterone hormone which is important for pregnancy to advance.
After taking Mifepristone your doctor will tell you to take Misoprostol pill after 24- 48 hours. This pill causes contractions and causes the uterus to empty.
After taking the Misoprostol pill you will experience severe pain and cramping. You will have severe bleeding and clots during pregnancy termination. You may also experience vomiting, nausea, chills, fever, headache, and diarrhea.
What are some important precautions to follow?
- You should not indulge in vaginal intercourse for a few days till your medical abortion is not completed.
- You should not use tampons or menstrual cups until your doctor recommends you to use.
- Do not lift heavy objects, go to the gym or workout for some days.
- Take rest till you feel completely fine.
Categorised in: Abortion Pills
This post was written by Marcella