Anyone with an unplanned pregnancy can seek to end it with medicines. To do so, you have to understand how Mifepristone and Misoprostol Kit are, their effects, and their benefits. Most of us are, however, concerned about how long bleeding last after medical abortion. which is a common symptom. Because the bleeding helps to flush the pregnancy sections out of the uterus. So, what is it like if the pregnancy termination occurs at 7 weeks? What can you expect your period to be like thereafter? Know all about it in the following post.
Taking the Abortion Pill (Mifepristone and Misoprostol)
Firstly, buy Mifepristone and Misoprostol Kit, as both these medicines are crucial to vacate the womb. Now, how do you take the abortion pill? It is simple, and you can do it at home.
- Use Mifepristone 200mg orally with water on day 1. It is an anti-progesterone medication that separates the pregnancy portions from the uterine wall.
- Then after a day or two, you proceed with abortion pills Misoprostol 200mcg x 4 either buccally or vaginally as per your comfort to finally remove the pregnancy from the body.
- While you can perform the procedure with Misoprostol alone, it is best to take Mifepristone as well. Thus, buy an abortion pill pack online instead, which has both these medicines. The success rate of the process is better in this case.
Do You Start Bleeding After Taking Mifepristone Alone?
Only in a few cases, you may see some bleeding after using Mifepristone alone. This is because the pill sheds the endometrial lining. The action of blocking progesterone hormone is responsible for it. And in turn, the fetus comes off the womb’s wall. But it stays inside the uterus until you take Misoprostol. So, after medicine intake, you may experience brown discharge or spotting. It indicated the pregnancy termination is beginning.
Do You Start Bleeding After Misoprostol?
Most likely, the bleeding after abortion begins once the Misoprostol medicine works. Now, what is the bleeding amount like? It is heavier than the menstrual cycle as it also contains pregnancy remains and endometrial lining. The medication causes uterine contractions and widens the cervix. As a result, the fetus, sac, and pregnancy tissues finally emerge out of the uterus and vagina. It is a natural process, and there is nothing to worry about this outcome.
Managing Abortion Pill Side Effects and Seeking Help
There are two types of abortion methods, out of which the pill one is the easiest and non-invasive. The other alternative is to get the termination through tools. But if you are within 9 weeks of gestation you can avoid equipment-related ending of pregnancy by taking medicine instead. While the procedure gives you privacy and space, there are a few side effects because of the ups and downs in hormones.
Some of these are headache, dizziness, abdominal cramps from uterine contractions, vomiting, nausea, tiredness, diarrhea, etc.
- How painful is a medical abortion: You can manage pain after abortion with other medicines. For instance, control the medical abortion pain in the abdomen by using a pain relief medication.
- How to reduce abortion pain: One can also apply a hot bag and heating pad. Take anti-emetic medicine for nausea and vomiting. Timely abortion pill aftercare will give you relief and pacify your mind.
- Be in a room and do not move about much, get sleep, rest, and eat healthy food. These will combat tiredness, dizziness, and headache.
How does Medical Abortion Work?
The sure way to know if the abortion pill procedure worked is to get an ultrasound scan of the abdomen. But for that, you need to give yourself two weeks from the time of finishing the pregnancy termination medicines. Because it can take 24 to 72 hours for the pregnancy sections to evict from the womb. And sometimes longer as per the health and situation of the person. The scan will remain if the uterus is empty or not.
- You can also understand the success of at-home medication abortion by noticing the symptoms. These are the contractions felt in the lower abdomen, nausea, etc.
- The heavy bleeding gradually reduces and so do the abdominal cramps. Other side effects will also come to a stop after a few hours or days.
- In case of continued discomfort and usual symptoms, seek medical attention at the soonest. This can be a sign of incomplete termination or a rare case of infection, or any other issue.
How to Stop Bleeding After Abortion?
Once you confirm a pregnancy termination, you may want to know about periods after abortion and the time for it. Now, if the termination was early, then the ovulation can begin in a matter of two weeks. And thus, the menstrual cycle will follow but only after the bleeding from abortion comes to an end. Do not confuse the two, as menstrual bleeding is different and lighter than the one from the pregnancy-ending process. Until that happens, there is the possibility of brown discharge (smelly discharge after the abortion pill), which will eventually go away. You do not have to interfere with anything to stop that.
What Will Your Period Be Like After an Abortion?
The menstrual cycle may go through a few changes after you end the pregnancy. The expected date of the periods may shift. Also, the initial cycles could be lighter. Remember that medical abortion with Mifepristone and vaginal Misoprostol between 64 and 70 days gestation can make your periods absent for the first 4 to 8 weeks. This is the time when you may slightly bleed but that is because of the treatment and not menstruation.
To Conclude:The facts about bleeding from abortion and the medical termination itself, we hope have helped you know about the process better. You can check out the abortion pill cost and plan to end a pregnancy now that you know what to expect.
This post was written by Marcella